[DRBD-user] Dell Server Question

John Lauro john.lauro at covenanteyes.com
Sat Dec 10 04:01:41 CET 2011

You are correct, it's only 12+2 drives on the R515.  I was confusing it
with another server (non Dell).

You would think that 2.5" drives would be faster.  Maybe it's just the
particular drives I have tested with.  Have you done any benchmarks,
especially random I/O?  It was only 10K on the 2.5 drives vs.  15K on the
3.5 with much higher capacities.  For my needs, I am mostly interested in
random I/O than sequential.