[DRBD-user] Corosync and DRBD fencing: one or both?

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Tue Aug 30 18:32:57 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

My 2 cents:

If you have more than just DRBD under Pacemaker you *may* not want to fence a node just because the DRBD connection has failed if other services are still properly functioning... *but* you would still want to prevent DRBD on each node from thinking all was well and going their own separate ways.

So I personally let Pacemaker handle STONITH - if comms between nodes fails then STONITH is necessary.  However at the DRBD level I use crm-fence-peer for resource only.  This way if replication/comms within DRBD breaks one node is fenced preventing it from promoting DRBD resource but the node is not STONITH'd.

I personally don't want all my services/different DRBD resources migrating just because something may have gone haywire with a single DRBD resource as opposed to the whole node

HTH

Jake