[DRBD-user] invalidate-remote does not work in StandAlone mode

Mark mark-va3m46w7 at mstier.de
Fri Aug 5 13:22:42 CEST 2011

> You can disable the AL? News to me, but sounds good in your scenario.

Look at the ChangeLog for 8.3.9. invalidate-remote implicitly disables it.

> If this works, why don't you go AL-less? Seeing as you don't want to use
> a peer, there is nothing DRBD could do with its hot extents if it tried.

see the error message in my first email: invalidate-remote only works with
a connected peer or at least an inconsistent remote disk state.

The keywords "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119