[DRBD-user] Is there a way to limit replication bandwidth?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Aug 24 09:49:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wednesday 24 August 2011 08:57:24 Lyre wrote:
> It seems that the `rate' in `syncer' section only interfere the ackground
> synchronizations, but not replicating.
>
> Is there a way to limit the replication bandwidth, envn if it will cause
> pending IO, so that it won't eat up all the bandwidth.

Let me get this straight: Now your apps are slow because the network is slow
because the disk-replication eats up all the bandwidth.
And you want your apps to be slow because the disk-replication is throttled so
it doesn't eat up all the bandwidth?

Please do yourself and your users a favour and buy secondary network cards for
your servers to have a dedicated disk-network. As a bonus you get a second
communication-channel for your pacemaker-cluster...

Have fun,

Arnold