[DRBD-user] Setup Primary system now, Secondary Later

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Thu Aug 18 13:15:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

Would it be possible to setup a DRBD system, with the primary being setup now (with heartbeat/pacemaker), and setting up the secondary a few months from now?

A client of mine would like a DRBD system, but doesn't have the budget this year for one.  Rather than set up an iSCSI server for him now that I'd have to rebuild later (once it's full of data), I'd like to get 1/2 of the DRBD/iSCSI system setup and operational now.

I understand there may be a lengthly sync period, but what are the other drawbacks/issues I'll run into?

Gerald