[DRBD-user] invalidate-remote does not work in StandAlone mode

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Aug 17 21:25:12 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 12:33:21PM +0200, Mark wrote:
> I'm getting:
>
> drbdsetup 0 invalidate-remote
> 0: State change failed: (-6) Refusing to be Outdated while Connected
>
> Can we fix that? I'm starting with a peerless configuration and the AL
> updates are hurting performance without reason.

While being "StandAlone Primary UpToDate", invalidate should work
(since whenever we introduced the "disable AL updates",
probably 8.3.8 or .9)

I know it used to work for me ;-)

As it seems it does not work for you,
either you are doing things differently,
or we introduced a regression :(

We will look into that.

--
: Lars Ellenberg