[DRBD-user] DRBD won't take 1G syncer rate

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Fri Aug 5 18:15:30 CEST 2011

OK, You can skip the zero, but the devices won't pass an online verify. It
won't hurt anything. All the sectors that need to be synced will be synced.
The disks are mostly zeros, so an online verify wouldn't do much, but it's
nice to know.

To find out how long the DD will take, "kill -USR1 taskid" (frightening
command, but it makes dd tell you how far it's along and does NOT kill it.
The 1M blocksize will help a lot. dd defaults to 512).

If you do skip the dd, the first verify will identify all the non-zero
sectors, and they'll sync up 100's of times faster than a full sync.

Good Luck!

Dan