[DRBD-user] DRBD won't take 1G syncer rate

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Fri Aug 5 16:51:03 CEST 2011

You are still mixing megabits and megabytes. Your 1000 megabit pipe won't
take a 600 megabyte stream, or a 150 megabyte stream. The maximum is about
125 MBps.

DRBD talks (and is documented to talk) bytes. Most everyone else talks bits.

You don't mention the speed you are getting.

Also, if you have 3 resources syncing, each will try for the syncer limit.
So, to use 50% of your capacity to sync 3 resources, you'd specify the rate
as 21M. Note: you can change the rate on the fly, during a sync.

Dan