[DRBD-user] DRBD Primary fails to mount resource - Need help today

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Aug 1 12:16:58 CEST 2011

On 08/01/2011 10:55 AM, Bruce Wolfe wrote:
> I'm waiting for that reverse sync to finish to see if I blew it or not.

No need! If DRBD thinks it's OK to go Primary, there really is not much
point in waiting.

If it makes you feel better, you can make your SyncTarget secondary and
reverse roles. Ultimately, everything is currently hinging on your
SyncSource being in a good state. You can check this right now on either
node so long as it's primary.

In the worst case, you can even start recovering your backup, but DRBD
performance will be degraded.

HTH,
Felix