[DRBD-user] using online verify

Ben Chobot bench at silentmedia.com
Sat Apr 30 17:52:18 CEST 2011

I've just recently upgraded from 0.7 to 8.3 (yes, I am that lazy) and I'm trying to make sure I understand how online verify works. I understand the basic flow:

drbdadm verify <resource>

and, if problems are found, fix by doing:

drbdadm disconnect <resource>
drbdadm connect <resource>

But I'm quite sure I understand where to run these commands. I assume for the verify it doesn't matter, as an out-of-sync block is merely out of sync, and there's no way to determine what is "right" because there's no telling which drbd node was primary for that resource when it was last good.

But for the other two, I'm guessing I run them on the node I want overwritten? Or do I have that backwards?