[DRBD-user] Use and usage of "call-pri-lost-after-sb" / How to outdate a peer

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Wed Apr 27 21:18:39 CEST 2011

Good evening!

I'm new to this mailing list, so please be gentle. :) If I'm asking questions which are easily answered by a "RTFM" don't hesitate to point me to the FM; I'm an eager reader. :)

We're using drbd in a two-node-cluster setup with pacemaker/corosync. DRBD is used in a classic active/passive-fashion. Currently I'm running into trouble, when a node is disconnected (with both communication channels) from the cluster and comes back again (thus causing a split-brain). Related to that, I've two questions:

1. Which program is called, when policy for "after-sb-2pri" is set to "call-pri-lost-after-sb"?

The man for drbd.conf says "Call the "pri-lost-after-sb" helper program on one of the machines. This program is expected to reboot the machine, i.e. make it secondary. " Well... which program would that be? I  find the following in /usr/lib/drbd (OS is OpenSuSE 11.3):

cms-appl01:/usr/lib/drbd # ls
crm-fence-peer.sh             notify-pri-lost.sh
crm-unfence-peer.sh           notify-pri-on-incon-degr.sh
notify-emergency-reboot.sh    notify-split-brain.sh
notify-emergency-shutdown.sh  notify.sh
notify-io-error.sh            outdate-peer.sh
notify-out-of-sync.sh         snapshot-resync-target-lvm.sh
notify-pri-lost-after-sb.sh   unsnapshot-resync-target-lvm.sh

Which of those would I have to define in the "handlers" section (if any of those) for "pri-lost-after-sb" to reboot the machine? If there is no such script in the distribution, has any of you written such a script and could provide me with it? (Sorry for my bad English, but I'm getting awfully tired.)

2. At some point I found in my logs, that the data of one of the peers' data is "invalid" and that the cluster is not synced, before the data is outdated. In earlier distributions of drbd, there was a "dopd" (drbd peer outdater daemon). This seems not to exist anymore. Is the outdate-peer.sh script a replacement for dopd? And, if yes, which parameter in which section of the drbd.conf makes drbd use it?

TNX in advance,

Andreas

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef.
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Gesch?ftsf?hrer/Managing Directors: J?rgen Zender (Sprecher/Chairman), Anke H?fer