[DRBD-user] DRBD or not DRBD ?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Sun Apr 24 16:40:47 CEST 2011

On 04/24/2011 04:30 AM, Eduardo Gonzalez wrote:
> Sotty, guys, but is it really necesary to use a clustered file system
> for a primary-primary drbd with mysql? Does it really need a locking
> system?

Yes, you need cluster locking, so that all nodes know when any one node
requests to lock part of the file system. Non-clustered file systems
expect that they are the only one with access to the storage, and will
quickly corrupt is anything else changes the data.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com