[DRBD-user] dealing with permanent node failure in primary/primary

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Apr 18 17:18:43 CEST 2011

On 04/18/2011 10:34 AM, Antonio Anselmi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is there some advices or tips about dealing with permanent node
> failure in case of a primary/primary configuration?
>
> I read the respective section in the Chapter 7 of DRBD users-guide
> (Dealing with node failure) and it seems to me that there is no
> special recovery procedure for permanent failure of a node in
> primary/primary configuration, apart from issuing:
>
> drbdadm connect - on the survived node
> and
> drbdadm up - on the new-installed node
>
> (having said that the survived node is up and running w/out problems)
>
> Is that correct?
>
> Thanks

The healthy node can run just fine on it's own when it's lost a peer in
Primary/Primary. When you replace the lost node, just be sure it's
drbd.conf matches (at least for the resources you care about) and that
you've run 'drbdadm create-md /res/' on the new node before connecting
for the first time. Once it connects, it should begin a full sync.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com