[DRBD-user] dealing with permanent node failure in primary/primary

Antonio Anselmi tony.anselmi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:34:04 CEST 2011

Hi all

Is there some advices or tips about dealing with permanent node
failure in case of a primary/primary configuration?

I read the respective section in the Chapter 7 of DRBD users-guide
(Dealing with node failure) and it seems to me that there is no
special recovery procedure for permanent failure of a node in
primary/primary configuration, apart from issuing:

drbdadm connect - on the survived node
and
drbdadm up - on the new-installed node

(having said that the survived node is up and running w/out problems)

Is that correct?

Thanks