[DRBD-user] RHCS and dual primary

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Apr 8 19:32:10 CEST 2011

On 04/08/2011 11:22 AM, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:
> Hi, as far as I understand from the docs, DRBD as a RHCS resource is
> only supported as single primary.
> If I need to use it as a dual primary device for GFS or CLVM I need to
> start it BEFORE cman and manage it outside of the cluster.
> Right?

Nope. :)

I use DRBD Primary/Primary extensively in RHCS. What I do is add it as a
script resource along with clvmd and gfs2. Then I create two failover
domains, one for each node, that is restricted and contains only that
node. Then for each failover domain, I create a service tree that
starts, in order, drbd -> clvmd -> gfs2.

Then you can create normal services, failover groups and whatnot.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com