[DRBD-user] DRDB as iSCSI target?

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Apr 6 15:58:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 04/05/2011 03:38 AM, Michael McGlothlin wrote:
> I'd like to link three servers together over my 10Gb network in a
> clustering filesystem with everything replicated onto each and have
> each one serving files by iSCSI to my VMware ESXi servers. I'd also
> like to have a fourth node that is over a 1Gb link use async for
> backup if possible.  Has anyone done this or can recommend the best
> configuration for reliability?

to the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "trinary
primary" DRBD setup. Just thinking of the logistics that would need
involving makes me dizzy.

You can probably go for a three-node setup where the stacked DRBD is
dual-primary, but I cannot comment on the real-life feasability of this.

Regards,
Felix