[DRBD-user] DRBD with NIC bonding and Crossover cables - no switch

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Sat Sep 25 00:21:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Matt Ball, IT Hardware Manager wrote:

> Is there any way to connect a bonded NIC (trunk) and have drbd communicate
> through it?

Yes, I use dual point-to-point links (with regular cables, not crossover)
with balance-rr and MTU=9000, dedicated to drbd. The NIC's are Intel
82576's, which support MDIX. A drbd sync of a single volume gets me about
134 MB/sec, and iperf gets 1.97 GB/sec. Servers are DELL PE2900's with
CentOS 5.5 x86_64, drbd 8.3.8. This setup is about two months old. No
problems, even under load.

Steve