[DRBD-user] ds:Inconsistent/Diskless

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Mon Sep 13 21:05:40 CEST 2010

Le 13/09/2010 19:10, Digimer a écrit :
> On 10-09-13 12:51 PM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
>
>> If I umount the /dev/LVM-1/POSTFIX-2 ans restart DRBD I got:
>>
>> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
>> srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
>>
>>   2: cs:Connected ro:Secondary/Secondary ds:Inconsistent/Inconsistent B
>> r----
>>      ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b
>> oos:20971520
>>
>> And I can't promote it as primary because it's not UpToDate !
>>
>> But /dev/LVM-1/POSTFIX-2 is *NOT* a raw partition but *ext3* !
>>
>> Sam.
>>
> I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding how DRBD works.

I think too !

> First and foremost; If you have anything valuable on this array, hire
> someone in your area to help you.
>
> Assuming you don't;
>
> You should have:
> - Raw device (/dev/sdXY or /dev/mdX)
> - This device is set in /etc/drbd.conf or /etc/drbd.d/<resource>.res
> - When you start DRBD, this will be used to create /dev/drbdX
> - On top of /dev/drbdX, you create your partitions.

Ok, I thought it should be possible to sync/replicate a LVM as my
/dev/LVM-1/POSTFIX-2 is between 2 machine with DRBD.

Thanks for your help, I have to split my actual LVM physical partition
but at this time I have:

/dev/sda1               1          25      200781   83  Linux <-- /boot
/dev/sda2              26        2703    21511035   83  Linux <-- /
/dev/sda3            2704        2965     2104515   82  Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda4            2966      229467  1819377315   8e  Linux LVM

The / is for the Vserver host and vservers guests are on the LVM. My
/dev/sda4 is 1.8To with a LV as Postfix machine (20Go),  a LV as Zimbra
server (500Go) and and the rest for LVM snapshot and testing partition.
Does DRBD can work on extended partition ?

If yes I will reconfigure my 2nd machine with a right DRBD config with 2
ressources, one for the Postfix machine and one for my Zimbra machine
and then switch the apps on it and configure the 2nd machine as secondary.

Thanks a lot for your explanation and your help, as well to all DRBD's
users on this list.

Sam.