[DRBD-user] Help with drbddisk modification to block takeover when the local resource is not in a safe state

jan gestre ipcopper.ph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 14:34:40 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I've found this drbddisk modification that will block takeover when
the local resource is not in a safe state, however it only works if
you only have one resource, but since I have two resources namely r0
and r1, it would not work.

case "$CMD" in
   start)
     # forbid to become primary if ressource is not clean
     DRBDSTATEOK=`cat /proc/drbd | grep ' cs:Connected ' | grep '
ds:UpToDate/' | wc -l`
     if [ $DRBDSTATEOK -ne 1 ]; then
       echo >&2 "drbd is not in Connected/UpToDate state. refusing to
start resource"
       exit 1
     fi

I would be truly grateful if anyone could care to show how to effect
said modification.

I'm trying to prevent a Split Brain scenario here, and I'm still
testing my setup; I was in a predicament earlier wherein one of the
resource r1 is in healthy state and r0 is in standalone
Primary/Unknown state, I had to issue drdbadm -- --discard-my-data r0
to resolve the split brain.

Many thanks!

Jan