[DRBD-user] one or two partitions ?? how is the diference ??

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:56:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

Thinks in this scenario:

If I have 2 server with four HD of 500GB in RAID10 for VMs (in this
case 10 VMs with 100GB of storage)

and if I setup my DRBD to use protocol C + active/active in both servers...

exists any difference if I make only one partition of 1TB ???
or is better divide in 2 o 4 partitions ???

Note.: image that all VMs have the same I/O and configurations.

maybe, don't exists difference  !!??
maybe, in the first sincronization will be very slow !!??
maybe, DRBD work better with partitions of small size !!??

means ??

thanks and attentive

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399