No subject

Wed Oct 6 13:38:06 CEST 2010

shrink one of your LV's to make room for an additional dedicated
metadata disk? Least pain that way.

Alternatively, just shrink the fs in /var/opt to make room for the
metadata. Are these mailservers in a failover cluster? If you can take
them down for maintenance one at a time, you should be able to modify
the filesystems.

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Should I use
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-lvm-lv-as-drbd-backing-dev.html">http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-lvm-lv-as-drbd-backing-dev.html</a>
Mean Should I create a lvm device then I map drbd device on it.
      </pre>
  <pre wrap="">
You are trying this already, as far as I can tell from your config.

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">
Is there any way that I donot change the partition table,
Mean I donot change size of any partition. or create any partition?

An other question:
What should I place in "disk /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00;" should I use
'disk /sdb2" or "disk /sda2"
      </pre>
  <pre wrap="">
I don't fully understand your layout. Does your PV comprise /dev/sda2?
Is /dev/sdb2 used at all atm?

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I just wnat to have a mirror of /var/opt directory
      </pre>
  <pre wrap="">
What is currently mounted as /var/opt.

The current partition of /var/opt should become your backing device,
then mount /dev/drbd0 as /var/opt.

HTH,
Felix
  </pre>