No subject

Wed Oct 6 13:38:06 CEST 2010

shrink one of your LV's to make room for an additional dedicated
metadata disk? Least pain that way.

Alternatively, just shrink the fs in /var/opt to make room for the
metadata. Are these mailservers in a failover cluster? If you can take
them down for maintenance one at a time, you should be able to modify
the filesystems.

>> Should I use
>> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-lvm-lv-as-drbd-backing-dev.html
>> Mean Should I create a lvm device then I map drbd device on it.

You are trying this already, as far as I can tell from your config.

>> Is there any way that I donot change the partition table,
>> Mean I donot change size of any partition. or create any partition?
>>
>> An other question:
>> What should I place in "disk /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00;" should I use
>> 'disk /sdb2" or "disk /sda2"

I don't fully understand your layout. Does your PV comprise /dev/sda2?
Is /dev/sdb2 used at all atm?

>> I just wnat to have a mirror of /var/opt directory

What is currently mounted as /var/opt.

The current partition of /var/opt should become your backing device,
then mount /dev/drbd0 as /var/opt.

HTH,
Felix