[DRBD-user] Problem mounting lvm snapshot

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Wed Oct 27 21:29:53 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 20:50:10 Lewis Donzis wrote:
> > > We had contemplated that, but I wasn't sure what the
> >
> > advantage would be.
> >
> > > On the secondary, /dev/drbdX is inaccessible, so if that's
> >
> > a PV for LVM,
> >
> > > it doesn't seem like you'd have any access to it.  I must be missing
> > > something...
> >
> > I think you are - is this a primary-primary setup or
> > primary-secondary? (cat
> > /proc/drbd)
>
> It's primary/secondary.  I meant to ask whether primary-primary would be
> acceptable if we promised not to touch the disk on what is actually the
> secondary, and accessed it only through an LVM snapshot underneath DRBD.
>
> lew

I don't see that happen. I'm now assuming you're using internal metadata
(pardon me if I misread somewhere you don't). How are you going to restore?
You'll have a copy of something that is the combination of the actual data and
the metadata. Why not make it way easier on yourself and configure nested LVM
on DRBD? You take snapshot on the primary node et voila.

B.