[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.9rc2.tar.gz

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Wed Oct 20 13:57:22 CEST 2010

    JR> In-kernel SDP sockets are in an alpha-like state as far as I can
    JR> tell.

    Roland> I think this is an exaggeration. SDP has been part of OFED
    Roland> for may years, and so far I haven't encountered any problems
    Roland> with it. In any case, SDP support is an advertised feature
    Roland> of DRBD so I would expect

    JR> You just described encountering a problem with kernel-space SDP.
    JR> Besides DRBD, what application have you used with kernel-space
    JR> SDP?

    JR> User-space SDP is a different story.

I don't see why you want to distinguish between "user-space" and
"kernel-space" SDP. I assume by the former you mean using libsdp
together with the kernel module ib_sdp. While this method uses a syscall
interface to ib_sdp rather than direct "in-kernel operations" like drbd,
both methods actually use the basic code in ib_sdp.

But anyway, this discussion doesn't lead to a solution of the
problem. In my understanding, SDP support is an advertised feature of
DRBD, and I bought Infiniband hardware just because of that. All I want
now is some assistance in debugging this. I believe there are a number
of other users who would be happy if DRBD over SDP were working.  If SDP
support is not a supported feature anymore, it should be clearly stated
though.

Thanks,

Roland