[DRBD-user] Problems using image files with drbd, maybe unsupported?

Martin Fandel pingu.freak at gmx.de
Tue Oct 5 12:26:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand the documentation correct. I've installed SLES10 with DRBD and Xen. I added an drbd-device /dev/drbd0 for the xen image files. The drbd device /dev/drbd0 is created with ext3 and is mounted to /var/lib/xen/images. Under this directory, 10 vms are installed. If I do an switch to the backup machine, xen can't start the image files / the guest. The kernel says:

[87585.519596] EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem.
[87585.519602] EXT3-fs: write access unavailable, cannot proceed.

Is it possible, that image files with drbd are not supported? I've also found an tutorial on google. In the tutorial is a notice, that the image files must be dumped to dedicated drbd partitions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Martin
--
GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome