[DRBD-user] N-to-N network setup

Seyed Amir Hejazi amir at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:15:45 CET 2010

I am trying to design a database in which all three of my nodes are primary
and have read/write permission. Moreover, they are consistent with each
other; in other words, all three nodes are in sync and every modification of
data is disseminated amongst all of them. I need the N-to-N setup so that I
can use all three nodes to load balance the write actions.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:48:28PM -0500, Seyed Amir Hejazi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to setup a three node  N-to-N network. I was wondering how should
> > set up the configuration file for drbd in order to make all of my nodes
> > primary. I know that in the two node setup you only need to user
>
> DRBD still does not allow more than two primaries.
>
> If you step back a bit, what is it you are _actually_ trying to achieve?
>
> > startup {
> > become-primary-on both;
> > }
> > net {
> > allow-two-primaries;
> > }
> >
> > Can anyone kindly help me setting up my network. I am using ubuntu 10.4
> > machines as my nodes and I want to integrate drbd with pacemaker.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Amir
>

> --
> : Lars Ellenberg
> : LINBIT | Your Way to High Availability
> : DRBD/HA support and consulting http://www.linbit.com
>
> DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.
> __
> please don't Cc me, but send to list   --   I'm subscribed

Seyed Amir Hejazi
Ph.D. Student,
Department of Computer Science,
University of Toronto,