[DRBD-user] Removed resources not disappearing: 17:??not-found??

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Nov 17 13:43:31 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:36:19PM -0000, Robert Dunkley wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I removed quite a few DRBD resources from the config file on both
> servers involved and some of them have appeared as shown below:
> 17:??not-found??  WFConnection  Secondary/Unknown    Diskless/DUnknown
> 18:??not-found??  Connected     Secondary/Secondary  Diskless/Diskless
>
> The results line up on the other system (DUKNOWN status resources are
> not showing at all on the other system). Is there anyway to clear these
> resources out without a reboot?

You should
drbsetup 17 down
drbsetup 18 down

(the network part is still configured...)

Usually, you _first_ unconfigure things,
and only then remove them from the config.

There currently is no way to completely remove "Unconfigured" devices
from /proc/drbd short of a module unload,
but they should no longer show up in drbd-overview.

> DRBD seems to be holding the associated devices in use so I cant remove
> them from devmapper.

That is nonsense, I dare say.
If its "Diskless", it does not hold anything in use.
So whatever keeps you from removing things from devmapper,
it is not DRBD.

--
: Lars Ellenberg