[DRBD-user] Need help, we want invalidate if role=Secondary and uuid_compare rule==4

putcha narayana putcha_laks at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:08:55 CET 2010

Hi

Can someone please respond to my request.

Appreciate  your help,
thanks in advance,
Lak.

From: putcha_laks at hotmail.com
To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:25:31 +0000
Subject: [DRBD-user] Need help, we want invalidate if role=Secondary and uuid_compare rule==4

Hi,

We would like to force resync on standby if uuid_compare rule==4 ONLY.
Why?? We are seeing DRBD files corrupted consistently and each time corruption is seen rule is 4. Mail chain below has full details.
Yes this is a work around because we are on DRBD-8.0.16
snmpd version upgrade is a strict NO, NO.

Whenever we observed the following two lines, we recreated metadata on secondary node and there was not file corruption seen.
File Corruption: Content of other files are seen in snmpd.conf file. File corrupted is always snmpd.conf

--> uuid_compare()=0 by rule 4
--> No resync, but 78 bits in bitmap!                      <<<< Number of bits is variable. >>>>

invalidate and invalidate-remote options are available under drbdadm tool, but can only be invoked externally???
We would like to kick of sync only when we hit uuid_compare() by rule 4.

Work around below needs tweaking:
                case 0:
                      INFO("Lak: 0 by Rule 4, current state = %d current role = %d ! \n",
                            mdev->state.conn, mdev->state.role);
                      /* !self_pri && !peer_pri */
                      if (mdev->state.conn == WFBitMapT) {
                        drbd_start_resync(mdev, SyncTarget);
                      }
                      else if (mdev->state.conn == WFBitMapS) {
                        drbd_start_resync(mdev, SyncSource);
                      }
                      else if (mdev->state.conn == SyncTarget) {
                         drbd_start_resync(mdev, SyncTarget);
                      }
                      else if (mdev->state.conn == SyncSource) {
                         drbd_start_resync(mdev, SyncSource);
                      }
                      else if (mdev->state.role == Secondary) {
                         drbd_start_resync(mdev, SyncTarget);
                      }
                      return 0;

dmesg output on Standby Controller:
drbd0: Lak: 0 by Rule 4, current state = 9 current role = 2 !
drbd0: State change failed: Refusing to be inconsistent on both nodes
drbd0:   state = { cs:WFReportParams st:Secondary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown r--- }
drbd0:  wanted = { cs:SyncTarget st:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown r--- }

LAK