[DRBD-user] 3-Node DRBD Without Stacking

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Nov 16 17:55:37 CET 2010

>> Is it possible to deploy a 3-node CRM-based cluster where:
>>
>> 	-- nodes A and C share resource R1 on /dev/drbd0
>>
>> 	-- nodes B and C share resource R2 on /dev/drbd1
>>
>> 	-- resource constraints prevent R1 from running on node B and
prevent
>> resource R2 from running on node A?

> I don't think I understand what you're trying to do.
> Please elaborate.

> Why would you need to prevent R1 from "running" on
> Host B if the resource is shared between A and C?
> B is not at all configured to connect to R1, is it?

It's a three-node CRM cluster where node C acts as a failover for nodes
A and B, but nodes A and B do not fail over to each other. However, in a
three-node CRM cluster, all resources are allowed to run on all nodes by
default. For example, even though resource R1 only physically exists on
nodes A and C, if node A fails Pacemaker might try to start it on node B
if we don't put in some kind of constraints. You follow?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - November 16, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.