[DRBD-user] DRBD and CoroSync fencing and unfencing not working

Georges-Etienne Legendre legege at legege.com
Fri Nov 12 19:25:22 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm testing my DRBD + CoroSync cluster. I've come across a situation that I'm not sure is supported.

First, my setup:
- I have a 2 nodes setup, with dual ring for CoroSync.
- Stonith is configured in CoroSync.
- DRBD is using a cross-over link between the 2 nodes.
- DRBD is configured to fence/unfence peer (resource-only) with the scripts (crm-fence/unfence-peer.sh).

Test case:
- The cross-over link becomes unavailable (simulated with "ifdown ethX")
- DRBD fences the peer
- Then, 2nd failure: the secondary node (DRBD is secondary) node is crashed (e.g. hardware issue on this server, simulated by resetting the server with the ILO).

The problem:
When secondary node comes back, CoroSync doesn't see the node coming back. The node appears as "Offline" even though CoroSync is started and network interface is up. To recover from that situation, I had to remove CoroSync constraints, and then reboot the primary node.

Is this supposed to work by automatically unfencing the peer? Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

-- Georges-Etienne