[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3.7 "preferably kernel and userland versions should match"

Roberto Giordani r.giordani at libero.it
Thu May 27 17:21:51 CEST 2010

Hello,
I'm working on Opensuse 11.2 64bit xen kernel
2.6.31.12-0.1-xen
with pacemaker cluster installed and working fine.

I've downloaded and compiled the
drbd-8.3.7 source
with the following configre command
KDIR=/usr/src/linux ./configure --with-utils --with-km --with-udev
--with-xen --with-pacemaker

patching
drbd_wrappers.h
to avoid the error during compilation as described on the newsgroup.

I've installed the build but I've
the following messages when run drbd command
DRBD module version: 8.3.4
    userland version: 8.3.7
preferably kernel and userland versions should match.

and the proc/drbd output is this
cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.3.4 (api:88/proto:86-91)
GIT-hash: 70a645ae080411c87b4482a135847d69dc90a6a2 build by
phil at fat-tyre, 2009-10-06 14:36:06
  0: cs:WFConnection ro:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown C r----
     ns:0 nr:0 dw:29532 dr:309209 al:255 bm:128 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1
wo:b oos:4377160

Couyld you please tell me how to change the kernel module loaded at startup?

Regards,
Roberto.