[DRBD-user] Avoiding split brain

Ben Timby btimby at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:50:25 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Matt Kocubinski <mattkoco at gmail.com> wrote:
> But, that does not seem to work in this case.  There is only one NIC
> on each of the two boxes.  After reading, seems we should really
> invest in 2 more NICs and a gigabit crossover cable, but that
> still won't solve all problems.

Or use a serial cable, I run a few clusters with serial link for
Heartbeat communication. This of course will not help with DRBD
replication, but at least the nodes will still be able to communicate,
thus no split-brain.

That said, I also run clusters with a crossover cable as you
mentioned, just depends on proximity of the two nodes.

> Not sure why resource stickiness isn't work as expected, my
> understanding was setting a high default stickiness would prevent
> resources from moving about, which would solve the problem. However it
> only works in this case:

High is a relative term, It seems 100 is not high enough :-). Try
INFINITY, this should disable fail back altogether.