[DRBD-user] Section 2 of "Nested LVM configuration..." wrong documented?

Nico Gál nico.gal at 1und1.de
Thu May 27 13:31:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure but I think in the document for "Nested LVM configuration" is a mistake.

Section 2 of http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-nested-lvm.html says:
<code>
Now, you may initialize your two SCSI partitions as PVs:
pvcreate /dev/sda1
   Physical volume "/dev/sda1" successfully created
pvcreate /dev/sdb1
   Physical volume "/dev/sdb1" successfully created
</code>

Section 3 of http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-nested-lvm.html says:
<code>
The next step is creating your low-level VG named local, consisting of the two PVs you just initialized:

vgcreate local /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2
   Volume group "local" successfully created
</code>

I believe the secound command in section 2 of http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-nested-lvm.html
must be read:
pvcreate /dev/sda1
   Physical volume "/dev/sda1" successfully created
pvcreate /dev/sda2 <---------------(not sdb1)
   Physical volume "/dev/sdb1" successfully created

I did not find "sdb1" in the document again so I expect it is meant sda2 instead of sdb1.

Regards
Nico