[DRBD-user] bond for drbd identical performance with one link down

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Tue May 25 15:06:43 CEST 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 21:57:43 Ben Timby wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx at telenet.be>
wrote:
> > Since testing with a switch resulted in even poorer results, I'll shy
> > away from that for now. Will have a go at investigating with Wireshark
> > though seeing the problem will probably not indicate a solution right of
> > the bat.
>
> Identifying the problem is half the solution. Good luck!

Hi all,

thought I'd report back about the issue. I didn't get round to sniffing and
analyzing the traffic, but I did try to change the value of
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_reordering to 127.

This seemed to boost things by 50% and I ended up at about 180 MB/sec, which I
understand is a to be expected value.

Results seemed only to be consisted after restart the bond0 driver after
changing tcp_reordering though.

Glad I finally tackled this one.

Cheers for your help,

Bart