[DRBD-user] FS Over DRBD

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Fri May 14 10:11:54 CEST 2010

hi,

On 05/14/2010 10:04 AM, Brent Clark wrote:
> Hiya
>
> I have DRBD working in production, and it works like a bomb.
>
> I would like to look at alternative implementations. Would anyone be so
> kind as to tell me why would I use something of the likes of OCFS or
> GFS, as opposed to a filesystem  like XFS.

short words: with xfs you cannot access the fs simultaneously on
different nodes.

> Also I would like to look at Active / Active. Is XFS ok for Active /
> Active.

see above.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15