[DRBD-user] DRBD primary/primary for KVM - what is the best option?

Ryan Manikowski jeenam at gmail.com
Tue May 11 22:09:36 CEST 2010

On 5/11/2010 4:01 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 08:56 PM, Ryan Manikowski wrote:
>
>>> Heartbeat normally takes care of both things: failing over and starting all
>>> resources at boot. I guess we need a Heartbeat resource agent that can use
>>> ietdadm. I really wonder what the webinar is about.
>>>
>> No resource agent needed. Heartbeat automagically sources /etc/init.d
>> for daemon scripts. Just place inline as you would any other resource in
>> haresources and it will apply 'start/stop' according to status.
>>
> Sorry to put it this bluntly, but that's bogus. Firstly, it's not quite
> that simple, specifically for active/active setups. Secondly, no-one
> should be using haresources setup anymore, we have Pacemaker for a reason.
>
> This might be insightful:
> http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/re-ra-iSCSITarget.html
> http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/re-ra-iSCSILogicalUnit.html
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

I would have gotten around to configuring pacemaker but heartbeat is
still available to handle resource failover. I appreciate the community
having gotten around to building a 'better solution', but heartbeat has
always worked for me in my configurations.

The older documentation (for the version of heartbeat that ships with
Centos/RHEL) for LSBResourceAgents:

http://www.linux-ha.org/LSBResourceAgent

Yes, I realize the information is for historical purposes because Linux
HA has moved on to newer code, but it still works.

--
	 Ryan Manikowski

 ryan at devision.us | 716.771.2282