[DRBD-user] DRBD primary/primary for KVM - what is the best option?

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue May 11 22:01:59 CEST 2010

On 05/11/2010 08:56 PM, Ryan Manikowski wrote:
>> Heartbeat normally takes care of both things: failing over and starting all
>> resources at boot. I guess we need a Heartbeat resource agent that can use
>> ietdadm. I really wonder what the webinar is about.
>
> No resource agent needed. Heartbeat automagically sources /etc/init.d
> for daemon scripts. Just place inline as you would any other resource in
> haresources and it will apply 'start/stop' according to status.

Sorry to put it this bluntly, but that's bogus. Firstly, it's not quite
that simple, specifically for active/active setups. Secondly, no-one
should be using haresources setup anymore, we have Pacemaker for a reason.

This might be insightful:
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/re-ra-iSCSITarget.html
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/re-ra-iSCSILogicalUnit.html

Cheers,