[DRBD-user] how to drbd the / filesystem device

Joao Ferreira gmail joao.miguel.c.ferreira at gmail.com
Tue May 4 10:49:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 21:30 +0200, Florian Haas wrote:

> Virtualize. What your boss _really_ wants is probably a fully highly
> available server. So, stuff everything that needs to be highly
> available
> into a virtual machine, slap that VM image onto a Pacemaker cluster
> whose storage is DRBD backed, use the VirtualDomain agent, and you're
> good to go.

Well. This is a good idea but it's totally out of consideration in my
case.

We ship a Linux based "unified communications" product with loads of
features on it. I simply can not change the product into a Virtualized
solution in a snap (believe me: drbd'ing the "/" devioce is a small
problem compared to switching to virtualization).

our product uses 3 mount points: "/", "/var" and "/home"; I need to drbd
them all; this is what I must do :) !

Thank you.

Joao