[DRBD-user] DRBD requires a Xen kernel?

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Mar 30 07:17:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

This is probably a FAQ, but I just installed a DRBD package, and it
installed a Xen kernel for/to me.  This seems a bit unnecessary, and
arguably unfriendly...

What did I miss?

Here's the RPM info:
$ rpm -q -i drbd
Name        : drbd                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 8.3.6                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1.el5                         Build Date: Tue 08 Dec 2009
08:43:15 AM GMT
Install Date: Tue 30 Mar 2010 05:07:29 AM GMT      Build Host: localhost
Group       : System Environment/Kernel     Source RPM:
drbd-8.3.6-1.el5.src.rpm
Size        : 45901                            License: GPLv2+
Signature   : (none)
URL         : http://www.drbd.org/
Summary     : DRBD driver for Linux
Description :
DRBD mirrors a block device over the network to another machine.
Think of it as networked raid 1. It is a building block for
setting up high availability (HA) clusters.

This is a virtual package, installing the full DRBD userland suite.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

Wilberforce