[DRBD-user] dual primary mode with which FS

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Tue Mar 23 14:52:08 CET 2010

Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 14:12:30 schrieb Andreas.Ruetten at hansenet.com:
> Hi list,
>
> first of all please answer also to my email-address because I'm not
> subscribed to the ML.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> I have to set up drbd 8.0.14 (Debian stable) in dual-primary mode.
> One node has to read and write while the other node only need read access.
>
> Do I need GFS or OCFS?

Not really if you can be sure that the second node ONLY reads.

> Or would a simple etx3 sufficient enough?

Yes. Mount option "read-only" in the second node.

But beware: If case of a failover your ALSO would have to remount your
directories to read-write on the second node to acchieve the high
availability.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42