[DRBD-user] Guarantee write to both nodes

Yuri Ushakov yuri.ushakov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:35:01 CET 2010

Hello,

Is it possible to block write to primary node when secondary is not
available?

That is, suppose PostgreSQL asks the filesystem to write some bytes. I'd
like drbd to reply with "write OK" *only* if the data is written to both
nodes. If secondary is unavailable because of network error, reply should be
"not written".

What I understood from reading the docs is that unavailable secondary is
considered non-critical, and drbd continues writing to primary.

Tested that as well - drbdadm disconnect resource, and primary can still
write to mounted device.

Can this behaviour be changed?

Thanks for help,
Yuri.