[DRBD-user] dual primary DRBD, iSCSI and multipath possible?

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Tue Mar 16 14:22:08 CET 2010

Florian,

Care to explain? I am actualy almost ready to 'test' this same scenario. To my knowlegde VMFS should be 'a cluster filesystem' on its own,
right? So what are we missing that will go wrong when using drbd in primary/primary, an IET initiator on both nodes and a multipath from the
ESXi hosts towards both (drbd) nodes ...

On a side note I read somewhere that 'multipath' isn't great either and that when de primary path breaks you still need a re-scan of the iSCSI
luns, so just using heartbeat and 'migrating' the ip and starting IET initiator on the secondary could be a better solution ....

bye,
Chris