[DRBD-user] first config

Cameron Smith velvetpixel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 00:03:27 CET 2010

In the drbd.conf what is the difference between the device and the disk?
Also how do I reference the external location when I am using a
separate partition for drbd meta data?

global {
  usage-count yes;
}
common {
  protocol C;
}
resource r0 {
  on alice {
    device    /dev/drbd1;
    disk      /dev/sda7;
    address   10.1.1.31:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on bob {
    device    /dev/drbd1;
    disk      /dev/sda7;
    address   10.1.1.32:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

I have set up a separate small partition for the drbd metadata and the
partition I want drbd to replicate is root so what would my config
look like with the following hostnames and IP's

htest01.example.com
10.10.2.24

htest02.example.com
10.10.2.25

My partitions look like this on both devices.

/dev/sda2              64G  1.2G   60G   2% /
/dev/sda5             251M   11M  228M   5% /drbdmeta
/dev/sda1              99M   12M   83M  13% /boot
tmpfs                1006M     0 1006M   0% /dev/shm

Thanks!
Cameron