[DRBD-user] Debian init problem

Massimo "CtRiX" Cetra ctrix at navynet.it
Fri Mar 12 11:17:38 CET 2010

Lars Ellenberg ha scritto:
>> block drbd0 : bind before connect failed error = -99
>>
>> I have to make a /etc/init.d/drbd restart, and all work fine ... I
>> don't know where the error is ... Any ideas ?
>>

> You have to get your network up,
> before you tell drbd to use it.
have had this problem myself some times ago and you gave me the same answer.
I solved whe problem with a sleep 1 at the beginning od drbd init script
which, as you know, are executed sequentially.
This implies that the network was up.

When using DRBD virtual machines, everything is so fast that DRBD fails
to bind.
The problem seems to be related to IPv6 and autodiscovery which is done
in background after setting up the interface and this may take some time.
This was not happening in previous releases of DRBD when it didn't
support IPv6

Max