[DRBD-user] drbd master to slave synchronisation under heartbeat

avn avn at avn.ro
Tue Mar 9 21:09:21 CET 2010

So I tried to dig further...
I requested a full resync of the secondary by issuing drdbadm invalidate r0
on it.
Verified that cat /proc/drbd is showing the resync, waited until finished.
I repeated the above procedure this time by just stopping heartbeat.
Went to the new primary and have a bigger than expected surprise:
2_mail ~ # diff /data/chroot/dns/etc/bind/pri/adomain-static.eu.zone
/home/adomain-static.eu.zone
6c6
<                         2009090822
---
>                         2010030802
and some other related differences between the two files.
So now it pulled out on even older version of this file. Odd enough the
named conf file is still the wrong one since last days and all the files are
consistent.
proc drbd show nothing wrong.
So, as the guys from linbit are so nice in giving a hand, I will start
tcpdump the connection and with the help of dd analyze the physical data on
the secondary.
I really think that Linbit is doing a great job with drbd and heartbeat, so
excuse me being a little bit malicious in the above phrase:).
And by the way I noticed that they have a one time only usage free ticket
support for drbd. If I will not manage to solve this issue maybe I will use
it.

Andrei