[DRBD-user] 8.3.8 Release to fix external module compile against 2.6.33

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Mar 4 13:38:13 CET 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that 8.3.7 does not compile
externally against kernel 2.6.33. It seems this was fixed a week ago in
Git. I am wondering what the roadmap and timescale is in relation to
shipping 8.3.8?

I currently provide the SlackBuild to allow installation of DRBD on
Slackware Linux.

The build works fine on Slackware 13.0 because it uses kernel 2.6.32.7,
but Slackware-current (which is soon to become Slackware 13.1) can't run
the build script because it has moved to kernel 2.6.33.

If 8.3.8 is not due out any time soon, then I am going to have to split
the script into userland and module so that 13.1 users will be able to
at least get the tools.

So, what do you think? v8.3.8 due soon maybe?
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com