[DRBD-user] DRBD RAID question

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:04:57 CET 2010

> The servers have a RAID0 array which is mirrored by drbd.
>
> My question is what happens if one HDD from the RAID0 array on one
> server fails and the RAID array is broken? Will DRBD mirror the broken
> stuff to the other server too messing up the data?

As I understand it, DRBD only knows about modifications to the
resource as they move down the stack( DRBD -> RAID -> DISK ).  Since a
broken RAID array happens at a lower level than the DRBD resource,
it's not going to start pushing those changes across.  It should,
however, receive an IO error and respond to that based on your config
settings.

-Ben