[DRBD-user] DRBD primary/primary SCST

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Mon Jun 14 18:29:06 CEST 2010

I can't answer your questions with any confidence, so I'll say nothing.
However, I never got my VMFS file systems to behave using fileio. I believe
fileio will flush late, and the two targets will be serving different data.
Using blockio, all worked as expected. A change on ESXi-A (using iSCST-A)
was immediately visible on ESXi-B (using iSCST-B). With fileio, no amount of
refreshing made the changes show up until/unless lots of activity has
occurred.

I'm using ESXi (4.0u1) on iSCSI-Target (1.4.20) on DRBD (8.3.7). Not very
similar to your setup, but possibly helpful none the less.