[DRBD-user] Error in creating file system (After drbd is up)

Praveen Kumar vicky_2279 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 11:55:35 CEST 2010

Hi,
     I am getting error when I am creating file system for partition.
My /etc/drbd.conf file is ::
global {
  usage-count yes;
}
common {
  protocol C;
}

resource r0 {
  syncer {
    rate 600M;
        }
  on host1.hsc.com  {
    device    /dev/drbd10;
    disk      /dev/sda5;
    address   192.180.2.59:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on host2.hsc.com {
    device    /dev/drbd10;
    disk      /dev/cciss/c0d0p5;
    address   192.180.3.22:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

I did following::

1. drbdadm create-md r0
2. drbdadm up r0
3.  cat /proc/drbd
GIT-hash: d30881451c988619e243d6294a899139eed1183d build by mockbuild at v20z-x86-64.home.local, 2009-08-22 13:26:57
 0: cs:Unconfigured

10: cs:Connected st:Secondary/Secondary ds:Inconsistent/Inconsistent C r---
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
        resync: used:0/61 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
        act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

4. mke2fs -j  /dev/sda5
mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
/dev/sda5 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here!

But if I make r0 down and creating file system then it creating file system but after that I make r0 up.
I need to do
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1 of=/dev/sda5 ; sync
to make r0 up . But then I can't create file system.

Any idea what can be resolution?