[DRBD-user] Resource host by name instead of address

Rainer Klute rainer.klute at gmx.de
Thu Jun 3 14:03:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to DRBD, just tried to setup my first sample cluster and
stumbled over the first problem. I'd like to specify the hosts my
resources reside on by hostnames rather than by IP addresses. The reason
is that I want to setup a small cluster over a wide-area network (WAN)
and the hosts involved have dynamic IP addresses. Unfortunately the
"address" statement in a "resource" section requires an (IP) address and
cannot deal with a hostname.

Is there any chance to get this done with DRBD? Thanks!

--
Best regards
Rainer Klute